If you wish, you can receive counselling from other students. This is more personal and convenient than the official counselling offered by the university’s employees.

Adviser of academic affairs: You can contact the adviser if you have trouble interpreting the study regulations or have other study-related problems (e.g. if your rights have been violated or you wish to receive advice). You can also talk to him/her if you wish to contribute to the improvement of study programmes, but don’t know who to contact. The adviser’s e-mail address is haridus@esindus.ee.

Course rep: The course rep stand for your rights and is responsible for informing you of various study-related topics. Course reps help important issues reach the Student Union’s ears. Don’t hesitate to ask your course rep for help. If you do not have one yet and your course would like to choose one, you should contact your Student Council.

International Club: The ESN International Club has tutors that help foreign students get accustomed to living and studying in Estonia. They also organize fun events that introduce Estonian culture to foreign students. Find out more about the club here.

Tutor: You can contact a tutor if you need study-related advice from a student of your academic unit. He/she has likely been in the same situation and can better relate to your problem. To get yourself a tutor you should contact the International Club.

Student Council: Every academic unit has a Student Council which represents their unit’s students. Your academic unit’s Council can give you advice and will stand up for your rights if necessary.

Other types of counselling in the university

Academic unit’s Study Counsellor and Specialist: If you need advice regarding study materials, registering for courses, timetables, lecturers etc. then you should first contact your academic unit’s Study Counsellor and Specialist. You can find their contact information on your academic unit’s home page.

Head of Studies/Head of Study Programme: If you need advice regarding your study programme or courses, then you can contact the head of your study programme or your academic unit’s Head of Studies. You can find their contact information on your academic unit’s home page.

The Career and Counselling Centre: The centre was created to help you make informed decision in your studies, career and life. The centre has an academic counsellor that can answer your study-related questions, career counsellors that can help you plan your future and a psychologist that can help you with personal problems. The Career and Counselling Centre also coordinates information and services for special needs students and orgnanizes seminars and training courses. If you are looking for job or internship offers, then the Centre can help you with that as well.

Career counsellor: If you wish to discuss your future in the job market, you can contact the Career and Counselling Centre. The career counsellors can also help you write a CV and prepare for a job interview. You can find contacts of the Career Counsellor here.

Psychologist: If you have problems related to relationships, anxiety, sadness, depression, stress, studying or focusing, then you can contact a specialist in the Career and Counselling Centre. The psychologist can help you find solutions to your problems and recommend other specialists to you if necessary. You can find contacts of the Psychologist here.

Disability Adviser: If you are a student with disability and need information considering admission to university or studying in favourable conditions, adjusting the physical study environment, organisation of studies, opportunities to apply for grants and scholarships, then contact disability adviser. You can find contacts of the Disability Adviser here.